Ages 5 to 7
Part 2 of our two-year sequential program gives your child a solid music making foundation. This year focuses on your child’s fascination with all things new and different.
Weekly classes are 60 minutes in length, with parents or caregivers joining for the last 10 minutes.
Music Makers: Around the World
- Explores the music of the British Isles, Germany, and our own Amerindian and African American Heritage.
- Features songs, dances, stories, rituals and customs of these cultures to help your child feel and understand others.
- Builds skills in listening, singing, playing instruments, as well as expressive movement and dance.
- Offers age-appropriate steps to develop music literacy, symbolic thinking, concentration, memory and self-expression.
- Develops ensemble and instrument playing to build on the music-making foundation from Music Makers: At Home in the World.
At the end of Music Makers: Around the World your child will have a solid, comprehensive music foundation, an excellent preparation for the next step, Music Makers: At the Keyboard.