Our Drum Instructors offer lessons in drums and percussion for students of all ages and levels. We welcome students who are just getting started on the drums and those with advanced drum playing skills. For young children, we generally recommend group classes, before moving on to private lessons.
Private Drum Lessons are available in 30-minute, 45-minute, and 60-minute slots. Schedule your first Drum Lesson today! Drum Students taking private lessons should own, or have easy access to, a drum set for regular practice.
If you can play the drums, you will have opportunities to join a local band. And best of all, we can also prepare you for that experience and teach you how to succeed in a band setting. Once you have a year or so of Drum Lessons under your belt, join our ROCK+ program! Here, you'll learn in weekly rehearsals how to play with other musical instruments (esp. guitars, basses, and singers) in a rock band, and even write your own songs!
Aside from the musical joy of drumming, drum lessons also offer some other important benefits you may not have thought of before!
Drum students not only learn how to play the drums but also enjoy some important "side effects." Much information can be found on the internet on the health benefits of drumming. There's a great article published by Michael Drake on about.com. Drake describes drumming as an ancient way to promote healing and self-expression:
"1. Drumming reduces tension, anxiety, and stress
2. Drumming helps control chronic pain
3. Drumming boosts the immune system
4. Drumming produces deeper self-awareness by inducing synchronous brain activity
5. Drumming accesses the entire brain
6. Drumming induces natural altered states of consciousness
7. Drumming creates a sense of connectedness with self and others
8. Drumming helps us to experience being in resonance with the natural rhythms of life
9. Drumming provides a secular approach to accessing a higher power
10. Drumming releases negative feelings, blockages, and emotional trauma
11. Drumming places one in the present moment
12. Drumming provides a medium for individual self-realization."
We highly recommend that you read the entire article, which can be found at: