If you are a Professional Musician or Actor, consider joining us! As a member of our faculty and staff, you will enjoy a number of important benefits:
- W2 Employment: All regularly teaching instructors are W2 employees on biweekly payroll.
- Compensation: HAA offers competitive hourly rates commensurate with professional experience
- NEW: Healthcare Benefits available to qualifying individuals.
- Excellent, professionally maintained learning environment: you will teach in state-of-the-art facilities comprising 16 spacious classrooms
- Professional networking opportunities: become a member of a dynamic and ambitious team of professional musicians and educators who have joined forces to offer an outstanding education
- Faculty mentoring: HAA maintains a system of faculty mentoring to help you improve your teaching skills and increase student retention rates
To apply, please submit cover letter and updated CV to Valentina Jotovic, C.E.O., by filling out the form on this page.
- Substitute Music Teacher
- Substitute Acting Teacher
Substitute Music Teacher
Are you having trouble maintaining your home studio and finding new students in this increasingly competitive market? Tired of arguing your studio policies with parents? Fed up with short-term cancellations and non-payment of tuition owed to you? Join award-winning Hunterdon Academy of the Arts (HAA), a large and highly respected Music School, to take care of all these worries for you!
For our location in Flemington, NJ, we are seeking to fill multiple part-time substitute music teacher positions--esp. in Piano, Voice, Violin and Guitar. Our most successful substitute music teachers are often given opportunities to become part of our regular faculty.
We are looking for qualified, driven, enthusiastic team players with good people skills. Creativity, positive attitude, passion for self-improvement and life-long learning, and an open mind are a must. Teaching experience preferred.
Substitute Music Teacher Job Description:
Positions are part-time and paid by the hour. Hourly rates are competitive and commensurate with educational credentials and professional experience. Average rate is $30/hr (can be higher or lower, depending on credentials). Substitute music teachers are independent contractors (1099).
We use a differentiated compensation model that accommodates individuals with a broad range of professional expertise, from current undergraduate students to university professors.
Candidates for the substitute music teacher position must have one of the following qualifications:
- be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, majoring in music
- have completed an undergraduate or graduate program, majoring in music
- have minored in music and/or have significant professional experience/expertise in music performance or music education
Substitute Acting Teacher
The fast-growing Acting Program at Hunterdon Academy of the Arts in Flemington, NJ is looking for enthusiastic, high-energy substitute acting teachers and music theatre teachers to join our fantastic team for the following categories:
- Group Acting Classes (without parents) for ages 3-6, 7-9, 10-13, 14 and up
- Private Lessons
Candidates should have earned--or be in the process of completing--an undergraduate (or graduate) degree in Theatre or Drama Education. Equivalent experience in the field--especially teaching and performing--will be considered.
Substitute acting teachers should be available to sub on weekdays between 3pm and 9pm, and/or Saturdays 9am-1pm.
Our most successful substitute teachers are often given opportunities to become part of our regular faculty.