The Magic of Performing Arts: How Music Lessons, Acting, and Musical Theatre Transform Your Child's Life
Welcome to Hunterdon Academy of the Arts (HAA), the County’s largest performing arts school for students of all ages! A one-of-a-kind afterschool program, HAA is a community of currently 800 students and 40 teachers, where you can explore Music Lessons, Acting, and Musical Theatre in a safe and supportive environment. Dive deep into any one of these disciplines or try them in combination, all under the same roof.
Our Music, Acting, and Musical Theatre programs are magical because they provide a transformative experience for our students. Over time, many students who are naturally shy and lack self-esteem develop into outgoing and confident individuals excelling not only as Musicians or Actors but also academically at school.
Food for the Soul and the Brain
The single most important reason why you should engage in the performing arts is the amazing enjoyment they provide. Learning a musical instrument; understanding character development, emotions, and communication as an Actor; and taking the spotlight on stage are deeply meaningful experiences that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
But equally important, especially for parents, the performing arts are an integral part of a well-rounded education–for good reason. They strengthen imagination and independent thinking; build problem-solving, innovation and decision-making skills; and improve memory and recall, among many other benefits. No wonder that students engaged in the arts do better academically than those without arts training.
Delivering nourishment for the soul as well as the brain, performing arts activities at HAA position our students to lead happier, healthier, and more successful lives.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! It will make a big difference in your Child’s (or your own) life.
15 Reasons to Join HAA!
1. Most trusted brand! Founded in 1981, HAA is the largest and longest-standing performing arts school in Hunterdon county. Your Child (or yourself) will be in expert hands!
2. We’re all about You! Lessons and classes are customized to meet your individualized learning styles and goals.
3. Award-winning School: HAA is the 6-time Winner of the Hunterdon Happenings List (“Best Music School” category).
4. In-person or fully online: Take your lessons in-person at our Flemington Campus, or fully online–or easily switch back and forth between these modes. It’s your choice!
5. All skill levels and ages welcome! Whether you are simply exploring the performing arts at the beginner or intermediate level, or preparing for a career in the arts, we have the proper faculty on staff to help you succeed.
6. Integrated Performing Arts: We are Hunterdon’s only performing arts school offering substantial programs in Music, Acting, as well as Musical Theatre, including stage productions. Come here for an immersive experience in the performing arts, or zoom in on one discipline and take it as far as you like!
7. Large, Professionally Trained Faculty: With a faculty of nearly 40 Music and Acting teachers, HAA has many different instructor and scheduling options to best meet your needs.
8. Concurrent Lessons for Multiple Family Members: Everybody in and out in 30 minutes!
9. Easy Individual Make-Up Lessons! Get up to 4 individual make-up lessons per month!
10. Big-Stage Performances: Music Recitals and Musical Theatre Productions.
11. Free Social Events for Students: Jam Sessions for Music Lesson Students; "Acting Out" Sessions for Acting and Musical Theatre Students.
12. Fun School Events (Student Photo Days; Halloween Picture Day and Contest, and other seasonal events)
13. Peace of Mind: All faculty have been background checked. All classrooms are equipped with video and audio surveillance for the peace of mind of all involved.
14. Ample Parking right by our campus facility.
15. Shopping nearby! Shop while your child is in lessons or classes! Wal-mart and Lowe’s are both within walking distance.
Our Lessons and Classes
Enjoy one-on-one Music Lessons on a wide variety of Instruments! All Ages and Skill Levels are welcome!
Students ages 7+ have a blast in our Acting Classes. Students find their confidence, unique personality and voice while learning theatrical concepts and acting techniques. We also offer ActinGarten Classes for ages 3 to 6.
Students ages 7 and up who enjoy Music, Acting, and Dance will learn how to perform their favorite Broadway Songs. Performance opportunities range from in-class demonstrations to Musical productions on a big stage!